The 'I am Bored' Thread

Anything else.
User avatar
MasterMax

Member of the Year
Veteran
Posts: 5693
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:16 pm
Medals: 4
Location: Longueuil, Quebec
Contact:

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by MasterMax » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Can someone can explain me why the hell im not able to see the same auctions on EBay when i use my computer and/or when i use my iPhone ????

I take my phone, i check the Halak EBay listings and i see a nice auction..... I take my computer, i type exactly the same words in the search bar and im not able to see it ?! WTF ?
Image

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR JAROSLAV HALAK CARDS! (447 cards in my PC right now)

Bucket always updated, have a look
http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/Halakgoaler/

User avatar
Force

Century Club Award
MODERATOR
Posts: 2096
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:49 am
Medals: 1
eBay ID: TheForc3Within
Location: Somewhere in, B.C., Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by Force » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:44 pm

lumo wrote:[
Read about it on wikipedia, I would definitly try it out, sounds fun.
Sweet!
the_nange wrote: Trying to figure out how to play it online, but sure I'm interested.
I'll probably post a game thread from another forum I play on for people to get an idea.





EDIT:
I'm also thinking of going for some select Markus Naslund cards (AKA cards of his where he's pictured with the Captain's C in the navy/maroon orca jersey). Anyone have any available for trade?

User avatar
bl2242
Listed Star
Posts: 4533
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:04 pm
eBay ID: essiepaul60
Location: Home of the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by bl2242 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:15 am

NBP wrote:
ReimerFan#1 wrote:Not a fan of the new ultimate
Don't worry, neither do I. But UD doesn't have much to lose at this point.
Why's that? I feel so lost after being outta the hobby for a couple years. :lol:
Bryce
http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad37/bl2242/
Image
Collecting all Brian Boyle,Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton, and Chris Kreider
Thanks to DSL for the Banner!

User avatar
NBP
Listed Star
Posts: 4295
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Elkton, MD
Contact:

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by NBP » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:04 am

bl2242 wrote:
NBP wrote:
ReimerFan#1 wrote:Not a fan of the new ultimate
Don't worry, neither do I. But UD doesn't have much to lose at this point.
Why's that? I feel so lost after being outta the hobby for a couple years. :lol:
Well as for Ultimate being not so great, the return value in most packs and cases is no very good. Not to mention the many rookies /99 (Including Brian Flynn of all people). Never liked UC but this year just really disappoints me. Nice box design though...

As for the nothing to lose comment, I'm sure you're already aware but just in case Panini is not allowed to do any licsensed hockey after this year so we'll be back to just having Upper Deck again starting after National Treasures.
Image
Major PC: "The Jennerator": Boone Jenner
Shoutout to Brad for the greatest Boone nickname ever!
Minor PC: Eric Wellwood
Bucket: http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h39 ... tor/Cards/

User avatar
lumo
Unlisted Star
Posts: 2404
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Canada

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by lumo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:00 am

MasterMax wrote:Can someone can explain me why the hell im not able to see the same auctions on EBay when i use my computer and/or when i use my iPhone ????

I take my phone, i check the Halak EBay listings and i see a nice auction..... I take my computer, i type exactly the same words in the search bar and im not able to see it ?! WTF ?

Is it possible that one is eBay.ca and the other is eBay.com ? Some may only ship to the US if it is eBay.com. That is the only thing I could think of.
Image

User avatar
bl2242
Listed Star
Posts: 4533
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:04 pm
eBay ID: essiepaul60
Location: Home of the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by bl2242 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 pm

NBP wrote: As for the nothing to lose comment, I'm sure you're already aware but just in case Panini is not allowed to do any licsensed hockey after this year so we'll be back to just having Upper Deck again starting after National Treasures.
I hadn't heard about the Panini/UD thing. That sucks.

I've watched a few Ultimate breaks and they were all pretty crappy. I was wondering why that was.
Bryce
http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad37/bl2242/
Image
Collecting all Brian Boyle,Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton, and Chris Kreider
Thanks to DSL for the Banner!

User avatar
the_nange

YouTuber of the Year
Semistar
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:18 pm
Medals: 1
eBay ID: gsrfan
United States of America

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by the_nange » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Well as for Ultimate being not so great, the return value in most packs and cases is no very good. Not to mention the many rookies /99 (Including Brian Flynn of all people). Never liked UC but this year just really disappoints me. Nice box design though...
My precise reason for not liking UC ever since I've seen it, and especially this year. Most of us don't buy boxes in hopes of making a profit on it, but we don't like losing by *that* much either! A 119 box with 4 cards that gets you back 30 bucks in sales on average? yikes.
Image
CnC's #1 Torts collector (hahaha)
PC: Anything Torts!
Semi-PC:Ryan McDonagh / Christian Thomas / Michael Sauer

// Bucket //

User avatar
MasterMax

Member of the Year
Veteran
Posts: 5693
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:16 pm
Medals: 4
Location: Longueuil, Quebec
Contact:

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by MasterMax » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:22 pm

lumo wrote:
MasterMax wrote:Can someone can explain me why the hell im not able to see the same auctions on EBay when i use my computer and/or when i use my iPhone ????

I take my phone, i check the Halak EBay listings and i see a nice auction..... I take my computer, i type exactly the same words in the search bar and im not able to see it ?! WTF ?

Is it possible that one is eBay.ca and the other is eBay.com ? Some may only ship to the US if it is eBay.com. That is the only thing I could think of.

Gotcha !!

Yep, thats it. And it sucks. I would have buy that card right away. But USA shipping only..... Meh.
Image

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR JAROSLAV HALAK CARDS! (447 cards in my PC right now)

Bucket always updated, have a look
http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/Halakgoaler/

redwingluke

Member of the Month
2013 C&C Rookie of the Year
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:48 pm
Medals: 1
eBay ID: gerafar
Location: United States
Contact:
United States of America

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by redwingluke » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Personally I think the cards in ultimate are absolutely stunning. however, the value is pretty weak

User avatar
Force

Century Club Award
MODERATOR
Posts: 2096
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:49 am
Medals: 1
eBay ID: TheForc3Within
Location: Somewhere in, B.C., Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by Force » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Nothing Nazzy? Blast.

Also, if I can get at least 2 others to say aye into playing The Werewolf Game (assuming nange, lumo, and Ghost are up for it), I'll make a sign-ups thread with all the details and where people can choose to sign up.

User avatar
BackupGoalie
Veteran
Posts: 11051
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:44 pm
eBay ID: backupgoaliecards
Location: Baltimore
United States of America

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by BackupGoalie » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:09 am

Just got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday, my diet has consisted of chocolate pudding, orange sherbet, mashed potatoes, and chocolate mousse
Looking for Jack Eichel, Jack Campbell, Evander Kane & Buffalo Sabres

User avatar
NBP
Listed Star
Posts: 4295
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Elkton, MD
Contact:

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by NBP » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:48 am

BackupGoalie wrote:Just got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday, my diet has consisted of chocolate pudding, orange sherbet, mashed potatoes, and chocolate mousse
Gotta get mine out next month, a little nervous though. Hope you feel better soon! Also, now I really want orange sherbet.
Image
Major PC: "The Jennerator": Boone Jenner
Shoutout to Brad for the greatest Boone nickname ever!
Minor PC: Eric Wellwood
Bucket: http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h39 ... tor/Cards/

User avatar
BackupGoalie
Veteran
Posts: 11051
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:44 pm
eBay ID: backupgoaliecards
Location: Baltimore
United States of America

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by BackupGoalie » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:38 pm

NBP wrote:
BackupGoalie wrote:Just got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday, my diet has consisted of chocolate pudding, orange sherbet, mashed potatoes, and chocolate mousse
Gotta get mine out next month, a little nervous though. Hope you feel better soon! Also, now I really want orange sherbet.
Thanks! The surgery actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be
Looking for Jack Eichel, Jack Campbell, Evander Kane & Buffalo Sabres

User avatar
MasterMax

Member of the Year
Veteran
Posts: 5693
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:16 pm
Medals: 4
Location: Longueuil, Quebec
Contact:

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by MasterMax » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:02 pm

I think my next SnT will probably be one of the best ive ever posted. Few things still incoming, i just cant wait to have all in hands ! Epicness is on the way.
Image

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR JAROSLAV HALAK CARDS! (447 cards in my PC right now)

Bucket always updated, have a look
http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/Halakgoaler/

redwingluke

Member of the Month
2013 C&C Rookie of the Year
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:48 pm
Medals: 1
eBay ID: gerafar
Location: United States
Contact:
United States of America

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by redwingluke » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:46 pm

I like the changes to the buying/selling/trading guidelines. Makes the site more accessible for people looking to move things and places more responsibility in the individuals, as it should. Glad an already well-polished site continues to make improvements!

User avatar
the_nange

YouTuber of the Year
Semistar
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:18 pm
Medals: 1
eBay ID: gsrfan
United States of America

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by the_nange » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 pm

BackupGoalie wrote:
NBP wrote:
BackupGoalie wrote:Just got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday, my diet has consisted of chocolate pudding, orange sherbet, mashed potatoes, and chocolate mousse
Gotta get mine out next month, a little nervous though. Hope you feel better soon! Also, now I really want orange sherbet.
Thanks! The surgery actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be
Hope you have some gravy with those mashed potatoes. I remember when I had to take several teeth (non wisdom) out. The next day or 2 was a haze, not from the meds, but the pain. :bangshead: Hope you feel better than that.
Image
CnC's #1 Torts collector (hahaha)
PC: Anything Torts!
Semi-PC:Ryan McDonagh / Christian Thomas / Michael Sauer

// Bucket //

User avatar
NBP
Listed Star
Posts: 4295
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Elkton, MD
Contact:

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by NBP » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:05 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to check to see how much CnC credit you have?
Image
Major PC: "The Jennerator": Boone Jenner
Shoutout to Brad for the greatest Boone nickname ever!
Minor PC: Eric Wellwood
Bucket: http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h39 ... tor/Cards/

jeg
Semistar
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:29 pm
Location: Cold Lake
Canada

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by jeg » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:20 am

fired up about the NT release....Wish i was able to get a case, but thrilled for a box and a couple breaks!!
Looking for Hall/Ebs/Nuge/Yak and Newer Rookies

My Bucket http://s875.photobucket.com/user/jarret ... z/library/

User avatar
leafsarethebest

Century Club Award
Unlisted Star
Posts: 2040
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:09 pm
Medals: 1
Location: Maple leaf Square
Canada

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by leafsarethebest » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:42 am

NBP wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way to check to see how much CnC credit you have?

http://forums.cloutsnchara.com/viewtopi ... it#p228077
Image
Thanks to PriceIsRight31 for the amazing banner!



Korbinian Holzer Super Collector PC: 8/12 66.67% + 0 1/1s

Also collecting BizNasty2.0 Paul Bissonette and Brett Lawrie!

User avatar
BackupGoalie
Veteran
Posts: 11051
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:44 pm
eBay ID: backupgoaliecards
Location: Baltimore
United States of America

Re: The 'I am Bored' Thread

Post by BackupGoalie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:47 am

leafsarethebest wrote:
NBP wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way to check to see how much CnC credit you have?

http://forums.cloutsnchara.com/viewtopi ... it#p228077
Wow that's pretty cool
Looking for Jack Eichel, Jack Campbell, Evander Kane & Buffalo Sabres

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Monthly Newsletter Sign-up

Receive special deals and news before anyone else!