WRESTLING TALK

Golf, MMA, Tennis, NASCAR, Soccer, Celebrity Memorabilia/Autographs and anything else hobby/sports related goes here.
masydoc

Trader of the Year
Medals: 2
eBay ID: masydoc
Canada

WRESTLING TALK

Post by masydoc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:55 pm

This thread is for any and everything Wrestling.
I collect Rick Nash and also any current and former London Knights.

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Re: WRESTLING TALK

Post by masydoc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Wrestle Mania 29 is just a few short days away, lets hear your predictions for the event.

iancurtin
Semistar
eBay ID: iancurtin

Post by iancurtin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 pm

WrestleMania Main Event between Undertaker and CM Punk should be amazing. The buildup to it in recent shows has been great. Although I am hoping the Undertaker's unbeaten WrestleMania streak stays alive, I think Punk might be the one they pick to break it.
HI 4/4 100%

PC: Travis Konecny

Force

Century Club Award
Medals: 1
eBay ID: TheForc3Within
Canada

Post by Force » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:48 am

Awww man, memories of watching WWE when I was but a young teen.
And then they went PG soon after and kind of killed everything...
SET WANTLIST

MAIN PCs: Jason Garrison, Frankie Corrado
Minor PCs: Jake Virtanen, Ben Hutton, Troy Stecher

hubbs
Semistar
eBay ID: T-Hubbs
Canada

Post by hubbs » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 pm

I watched WWE wrestlmania at a movie theatre once, it was awesome, I had to leave in the middle of the royal rumble however, so i didn't get to see who won it :( but i believe punk will beat undertaker, undertaker has been at this for YEARS and he cant keep it up!

Average Joes
Semistar
eBay ID: 1993bmoore

Post by Average Joes » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:42 pm

man my buddies sister is going to wrestlemania with her boyfriend...wish I was going :( lol should be pretty freakin awesome!! hoping undertaker stays undeafeated!!!

hubbs
Semistar
Canada

Post by hubbs » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 am

WHAT! those tickets must have been crazy priced, I have only known one person to ever go to a WWE event and it was my cousin, he saw undertaker but it was defnintely not any caliber of what wrestlemania will be, thats sick. On a side note, i saw a magazine the other featuring John Cena and how he has switched between acting and wrestling, and i thought about the Rock recently who has been in every movie thats came out lol, GI-Joe being the biggest block buster, with pain and gain also coming out which looks freaking sick, and I was wondering what you guys as wrestling fans think of the switch or flip flop between the profession does for the person, do you think being an actor boosts their wreslting career, or being a wrestler boosts their acting career?

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Post by masydoc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:54 pm

hubbs wrote:WHAT! those tickets must have been crazy priced, I have only known one person to ever go to a WWE event and it was my cousin, he saw undertaker but it was defnintely not any caliber of what wrestlemania will be, thats sick. On a side note, i saw a magazine the other featuring John Cena and how he has switched between acting and wrestling, and i thought about the Rock recently who has been in every movie thats came out lol, GI-Joe being the biggest block buster, with pain and gain also coming out which looks freaking sick, and I was wondering what you guys as wrestling fans think of the switch or flip flop between the profession does for the person, do you think being an actor boosts their wreslting career, or being a wrestler boosts their acting career?
First off, I have to admit to being a huge wrestling fan back in the early/mid 80's before tuning out completely until my son got into it a few years ago. I now sit and watch with him each week and actually get quite a few chuckles along the way. Some of these guys and girls are real entertainers for sure.

So in answer to your question.... being that most of these guys are wrestlers first, I would say that being a wrestler boosts their acting. I don't think I'm ruining it by saying wrestling is for the most part scripted, yes they are athletes (most even played some form of sport at least in the minors) however we all know that the results and how they get there is preplanned. That said, these guys/gals work very hard to "sell" the show to the thousands of people in attendance and millions at home each week and to do that live is great preparation for taking it to the silver screen. You could even say that for them, making movies would prove to be easier just with the ability to do retakes. So, I am definatley saying wrestling boosts their acting skills.

hubbs
Semistar
Canada

Post by hubbs » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:01 pm

I agree, I would even go as far as to say some are better actors then wrestlers, like the Rock, however some actors are better wrestlers, like John Cena, no offense to him, I loved him in The Marine.

panda31
Semistar
United States of America

Post by panda31 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:17 pm

It is entertainment and they are all mostly good actors!!
Including the Miz who is a little over the top..

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Post by masydoc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:06 am

Wrestlemania went off without too many surpises, however there was some entertaining matches for sure.

John Cena is the new champ, Undertaker is still undefeated and HHH beat up Brock Lesnar. Biggest surprise to me was that Mark Henry beat Ryback... I was thinking that WWE was trying to rocket Ryback to the top and groom him to be the next champ, instead they allow Henry to put up the win. The spin doctors in the WWE offices will be working overtime working on the next storyline as the roster is as weak as it's ever been. Most participants in the biggest show of the year were part timers or washed up old timers.

Thoughts?

iancurtin
Semistar
eBay ID: iancurtin

Post by iancurtin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:48 am

Yeah I heard Wrestlemania wasn't too great, so I'm happy I didn't put $70 toward it. I am very happy that they kept the Undertaker undefeated. Coming close to 50 years old and being one of the best, if not the best, the WWE has ever seen, I would love to see him retire without ever losing at Wrestlemania.
HI 4/4 100%

PC: Travis Konecny

NORD
Listed Star
eBay ID: NORD5
Canada

Post by NORD » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:10 am

Been a long time since I attended any wrestling,lastly being I beleive a Wrestlemania At the Ex in Toronto,many eons ago.Outdoors under the stars
bus load of crazy wrestling fans.Good ole days.

EricBadger
Semistar

Post by EricBadger » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:04 am

Summerslam is this weekend and will be FOUR HOURS!! Any predictions from the CNC Universe?

Return to “Other/Non Sports Talk”