NASCAR TALK

Golf, MMA, Tennis, NASCAR, Soccer, Celebrity Memorabilia/Autographs and anything else hobby/sports related goes here.
masydoc

Trader of the Year
Medals: 2
eBay ID: masydoc
Canada

NASCAR TALK

Post by masydoc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:48 pm

This thread is for any and everything Nascar.

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity...... Let's go racing boys!!!!!!!!!!!

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Re: NASCAR TALK

Post by masydoc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:13 pm

With Denny Hamlin out of his car for the next month or two, is Joey Logano free and clear from his issues or is Tony Stewart going to take a run at him in Martinsville? Joey seems to be not taking it from the older guys this year, could be a very good/bad thing depending on who you cheer for.

Being that the boys (and girl) are in Martinsville, does that mean we will finally see my boy Jeff Gordon finally have a great race start to finish and maybe even take home his first checkers of the year? Martinsville always seems to be a strong track for all the Hendrick boys so don't count out any of the 5, 24, 48 or 88 cars this weekend.
I collect Rick Nash and also any current and former London Knights.

panda31
Semistar
United States of America

Post by panda31 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:55 am

I will be cheering for Mr. Brad!!

NORD
Listed Star
eBay ID: NORD5
Canada

Post by NORD » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Just picked up a Danica Patrick signed 8x10 and cant wait for her to get her first win.

Adam_HAWKey
Listed Star
eBay ID: Adam_HAWKey
United States of America

Post by Adam_HAWKey » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:46 pm

I saw on youtube earlier today when there was this one guy who was about to head over to victory lane thinking that he had won, but turns out that there was still another lap to go. That made me laugh so hard, I tought how could someone do that without knowing there is still another lap to go. Just a little bit to early to celebrate....
Huge shoutout to Brittca for the SICK banner!
PC- Blackhawks

My Tradelist and My Salelist
I will ship on Saturday's due to busy schedule.

panda31
Semistar
United States of America

Post by panda31 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:59 am

blackhawks man wrote:I saw on youtube earlier today when there was this one guy who was about to head over to victory lane thinking that he had won, but turns out that there was still another lap to go. That made me laugh so hard, I tought how could someone do that without knowing there is still another lap to go. Just a little bit to early to celebrate....
What race??? Had to be a newbie cause the radio guy tells them how many laps left....

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Post by masydoc » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:07 pm

panda31 wrote:
blackhawks man wrote:I saw on youtube earlier today when there was this one guy who was about to head over to victory lane thinking that he had won, but turns out that there was still another lap to go. That made me laugh so hard, I tought how could someone do that without knowing there is still another lap to go. Just a little bit to early to celebrate....
What race??? Had to be a newbie cause the radio guy tells them how many laps left....

It was actually a race in 1994 that Mark Martin "should" have won. It was a Busch race (Nationwide) and there was a caution flag that flew late in the race (this was before NASCAR brought in Green White Checkers) and Martin was the leader when the caution was waved. He took the white flag/caution flag and must have assumed it was the checkers waving so he drove down pit road while the rest of the feild drove by him. :bangshead: The crew had lost radio contact with Martin earlier in the race so they were unable to remind him to stay behind the pace car for one more lap. In the end, David Green was awarded the win because of that mistake. :champs:

I'd feel sorry for Mark if he wasn't one of my least favorite drivers, LOL!

If you want to see it for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PiOcj8z38c

NORD
Listed Star
Canada

Post by NORD » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:06 am

Maybe we could expand this thread and see what races people have been to?

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Post by masydoc » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:39 am

NORD wrote:Maybe we could expand this thread and see what races people have been to?

Well, it is Nascar talk.... we can speak to anything related to Nascar here so why not!

I'll start the party.

I have been to 4 Cup races:

1998 Pocono Winner: Jeff Gordon :champs:

2002 Dover Winner: Jimmie Johnson (Jeff was 6th)

2005 Richmond Winner: Kurt Busch :ill: (Let's not talk about Jeff here.... wrecked and missed the Chase :cry: )

2010 Michigan Winner: Brian Vickers (Jeff was 2nd)

That is it so far but my wife and I are already talking we are due to plan another trip. We would really like to visit another new track, likely in 2014 within reason driving distance from Ontario. Any suggestions?

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Post by masydoc » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 pm

masydoc wrote: Martinsville always seems to be a strong track for all the Hendrick boys so don't count out any of the 5, 24, 48 or 88 cars this weekend.

Hey, smart guy above eh? 1st: 48 Jimmie Johnson, 3rd: 24 Jeff Gordon, 4th 5 Kasey Kahne, and the only one to have a tough day in 24th 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.

NORD
Listed Star
Canada

Post by NORD » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:18 pm

I have been to Pocono,Michigan,Bristol and Daytona.Had the most fun at Bristol.

Adam_HAWKey
Listed Star
eBay ID: Adam_HAWKey
United States of America

Post by Adam_HAWKey » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:24 pm

masydoc wrote:
panda31 wrote:

It was actually a race in 1994 that Mark Martin "should" have won. It was a Busch race (Nationwide) and there was a caution flag that flew late in the race (this was before NASCAR brought in Green White Checkers) and Martin was the leader when the caution was waved. He took the white flag/caution flag and must have assumed it was the checkers waving so he drove down pit road while the rest of the feild drove by him. :bangshead: The crew had lost radio contact with Martin earlier in the race so they were unable to remind him to stay behind the pace car for one more lap. In the end, David Green was awarded the win because of that mistake. :champs:

Yep that is exactly what happened. I may not be the biggest NASCAR fan, but honestly, interesting thread.
Huge shoutout to Brittca for the SICK banner!
PC- Blackhawks

My Tradelist and My Salelist
I will ship on Saturday's due to busy schedule.

NORD
Listed Star
Canada

Post by NORD » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Does anyone remember the Sterling Marlin story about exiting his car on a red flag,and doing work on his grill(I think)
he was sitting in first and was sent to the back for that move.

NBP
Listed Star

Post by NBP » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:58 am

blackhawks man wrote:
masydoc wrote:
panda31 wrote:

Yep that is exactly what happened. I may not be the biggest NASCAR fan, but honestly, interesting thread.
Agreed, NASCAR always has great stories though. :happy:
Major PC: "The Jennerator": Boone Jenner
Shoutout to Brad for the greatest Boone nickname ever!
Minor PC: Eric Wellwood
Bucket: http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h39 ... tor/Cards/

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Post by masydoc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 am

NORD wrote:Does anyone remember the Sterling Marlin story about exiting his car on a red flag,and doing work on his grill(I think)
he was sitting in first and was sent to the back for that move.

I sure do.... why must you bring back a bad memory for me? LOL!

Jeff Gordon was leading the 2002 Daytona 500 on a late restart when a wreck happened in behind. Sterling Marlin who was in 2nd at the time put his car below the yellow line and ended up spinning Jeff around to take the lead. Karma was awaiting Sterling because when he spun Jeff out, he also pushed in his fender on his front tire. Now because the wreck in behind was pretty huge, the track needed to be cleaned and the red flag was put out to stop all cars on the speedway. When a red flag is out, nobody is allowed to move their car or do any work on it. But that didn't stop Marlin from unbuckling and getting out of the drivers seat to pull the fender off of his tire in an attempt to prevent blowing out the tire or having to pit before the next green flag. Nascar ended up penalizing Marlin by sending him to the back of the pack and ruining his chance at the Daytona 500 win.

Was very nice to see Ward Buron go to Victory Lane that day, still wish it was Jeff but how can you not cheer for ol' mush mouth?

For those who want to see the drama unfold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ObuwlFCoE

KyGuy9
Semistar

Post by KyGuy9 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Does anyone know who Charliew Kimball is?
MY MAJOR PC: Patrick Sieloff, Zachary Fucale, Andre Burakovsky, Leon Draisaitl, Evgeni Malkin, Logan Brown, Dante Salituro, Cristiano DiGiacinto, Nathan MacKinnon and Jose Iglesias!

MY MINOR PC: 2009 - Present Windsor Spitfires, Players listed in my tradelist.

My tradelist: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60683&p=481530#p481530

NORD
Listed Star
Canada

Post by NORD » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Did anyone see the 2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cards? Danica Patrick has numerous bikini cards in it.
That ties this to the Nascar post lol.

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Post by masydoc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:09 pm

KyGuy9 wrote:Does anyone know who Charliew Kimball is?

I know he's an Indy Car driver who is also a diabetic. I'm not much of an Indy fan, so that is about the extent of my knowledge.

KyGuy9
Semistar

Post by KyGuy9 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh. I met him at the Detroit Grand Prix this past summer, and registered for his program, and he sent me a free die-cast IndyCar. :) Just wondered how popular he was because I don't follow NASCAR or INDYs much.
MY MAJOR PC: Patrick Sieloff, Zachary Fucale, Andre Burakovsky, Leon Draisaitl, Evgeni Malkin, Logan Brown, Dante Salituro, Cristiano DiGiacinto, Nathan MacKinnon and Jose Iglesias!

MY MINOR PC: 2009 - Present Windsor Spitfires, Players listed in my tradelist.

My tradelist: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60683&p=481530#p481530

NORD
Listed Star
Canada

Post by NORD » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:33 am

KyGuy9 wrote:Oh. I met him at the Detroit Grand Prix this past summer, and registered for his program, and he sent me a free die-cast IndyCar. :) Just wondered how popular he was because I don't follow NASCAR or INDYs much.
Not that popular,dont beleive he has had a top 10 yet.

Charlie Kimball - #83
6th in IZOD IndyCar Series - 51 points - 0 wins - 2 starts - US$0

Return to “Other/Non Sports Talk”