Denny Hamlin hurt

Golf, MMA, Tennis, NASCAR, Soccer, Celebrity Memorabilia/Autographs and anything else hobby/sports related goes here.
masydoc

Trader of the Year
Medals: 2
eBay ID: masydoc
Canada

Denny Hamlin hurt

Post by masydoc » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Just wondering if anyone watched the race this weekend? One of the best races I've seen in years but ended with an unfortunate accident between two guys that hate each other right now. Denny Hamlin ended up with a back injury: L1 compression fracture . Looks quite possible he may miss a race or two but no official word on that yet, but either way this is a big blow to a legit contender for the cup this year.

Thoughts?
I collect Rick Nash and also any current and former London Knights.

puckfan888
Semistar
United States of America

Re: Denny Hamlin hurt

Post by puckfan888 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:29 am

Wow now Mark Martin will ride the 11 car as Denny recovers taking up to 6 weeks.... what a blow. Interesting that NASCAR didn't see anything wrong and didn't penalize anyone including Smoke's blowup and chasing Logano for supposed blocking on the low side of the track. Anything to do with Denny criticizing the Gen-6 cars... So that makes two longtime vets that Logano had ticked off... The Kid better watch it or this thing might get really ugly, heck it already has.

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Post by masydoc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:11 pm

I agree that Joey has made a couple enemies, but I really don't think he was in the wrong here... at least not with on track activity.

Tony is upset that Joey blocked him on a restart when Logano had a run for the lead? Come on now, Tony would have done the same thing --- and has multiple times. Stewart was just mad the kid didn't give him respect that he wouldn't have given himself and really in my eyes came across as being a baby.

As for that last lap wreck, even though the 11 wrecked the 22 the week before I'm sorry to say but there was no intention there at all as far as retalliation. If Joey wanted to wreck Denny and win the race, he would have done it coming out of turn 2 when he was at Hamlins rear bumper. As it turns out, they were side by side coming out of turn 4 when they bumped. Did Joey give Denny enough room? No! But he had to crowd him to have any chance of beating him to the line. Also, Denny stayed on the gas WAY too long trying to correct the slide and unfortunatley hit a very bad part of the inside wall.

It really does suck that Denny will be out with a broken back for at least 6 weeks but I fail to see a man in a black hat in this whole situation. Tony is the pot calling the kettle black, Denny had one coming to him for his actions the week before (whether or not you believe this past week was hard racing or retaliation) this feud is over now. Joey.... well, the kid really didn't do anything horribly wrong on the track, but him mouth and Twitter posts when he's out of the car are going to get him in real trouble.

Let's hope the injuries are over, whether we're talking the fans in Daytona or the drivers themselves... but let the drama continue. Already has been a more interesting year this season, let's hope for continued great racing on the track and confrontation off the track. OH, and go JEFF!

masydoc

Trader of the Year
Canada

Post by masydoc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Just read that Mark Martin is a one off in the #11 at Martinsville. After that Brian Vickers will wheel the car until Denny is able to return.

So glad to see Brian back racing with a championship quality ride again, he's been through alot of health issues himself and would love to see him return full time with a great ride in the future. This may be a big step to reclimbing that mountain.

NBP
Listed Star

Post by NBP » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:54 am

Stuff like this makes you realize how dangerous this sport is, inspiring to see racers bounce back and play like before.
Major PC: "The Jennerator": Boone Jenner
Shoutout to Brad for the greatest Boone nickname ever!
Minor PC: Eric Wellwood
Bucket: http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h39 ... tor/Cards/

Return to “Other/Non Sports Talk”