Need some help

For all you autograph hounds.
Five4Fighting
MUST SEND FIRST / INFRACTION ON FILE
eBay ID: datsyuk13xx

Need some help

Post by Five4Fighting » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:43 pm

I have never done TTMs and need some help

I want to send a picture and my question is do you send a return envelope with ur address on it with a postage stamp

Thanks
Main PC: Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Spooner, and Malcolm Subban
Traders

MasterMax

Member of the Year
Veteran
Medals: 4

Re: Need some help

Post by MasterMax » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:22 am

Yes, if you want your picture back, you definitely should. I dont think any NHL player will auto a picture, and take the time to go to the post office to send it back, obviousely.

So yes, dont take any chances.

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR JAROSLAV HALAK CARDS! (447 cards in my PC right now)

Bucket always updated, have a look
http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/Halakgoaler/

urbanmonk

Member of the Year
Medals: 2
eBay ID: tccurbanmonk
United States of America

Post by urbanmonk » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:25 am

You are asking them to do you a favor, yes you send with a SASE so all they have to do is sign it and put it in the mailbox. Lets go small and say they get 1,000 requests, do you think they want to pay the postage on all those and go thru all the hastle like Max says? Also don't send anything you care if you don't get back, as some things never come back and sometimes it is years later also. I haven't done TTM since the late 90s so the percentages may have changed and it's success rate not very good, I'm sure someone that has done it recently will chime in and give you a more modern perspective on it. The more popular the player the worse your odds get as some of those guys get thousands of mail a week (requests and/or fan letters). TTM and IP AUs have little value as no COA, and going TTM you have no idea if they signed it or it was their Mom/dog/agent/secretary etc... who signed it or if it was an Auto Pen (there are ways to tell on that or if it was a stamp but you have to know what you doing...web search and you can find examples). But it can be fun to see who you can get returns from and it is a nice for a personal collection, just don't expect it to have any value or be trade-able at anytime down the road. Good luck if you decide to pursue it :)
PC Modano Want list, Have List for FB PC, and Trade Lists: http://urbanmonkscards.weebly.com/

Main focus in Hockey is Mike Modano, have 1,402 of the 5,035 listed on Beckett

TheBoxBreaker
VERIFIED TRADER

Post by TheBoxBreaker » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:51 am

Yes, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (called a SASE). Depending who you're sending it to, I might be able to help you out with an address. It's most likely in the Sports Card Forum TTM database.
Collecting Mask Cards

Return to “IP/TTM Autographs”