Sending during the offseason?

For all you autograph hounds.
hockey8729
Semistar
eBay ID: hockey8729
Canada

Sending during the offseason?

Post by hockey8729 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi I was wondering if I send some cards out to be signed to the addresses of the teams will the cards get to the players even during the offseason or is it better to wait and send the cards out during the regular season?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
My Tradelist: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=81743
PC Players-Mitch Marner, Auston Matthews, Leafs

Buying/Trading for Marner & Matthews

marksk88
Common
Canada

Re: Sending during the offseason?

Post by marksk88 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Not sure why no one could be bothered to help you, this site really isn't that great some times.

Anyways, you definitely can write to players at team addresses during the offseason, they will usually just hold the mail for players until they come to the arena again for training camp. Now, I say usually, because I have had some that I sent during the offseason to players who always sign and they never came back. Now of course any of those could have been the rare times that my envelope got lost in the mail, or maybe the person who handles fan mail for the players was replaced during that offseason and my envelope got lost in the shuffle. But most of the time it works fine. Never the less, I still wait until about 2 weeks before training camp starts before I start sending to active players.

I find active players tend to sign most often during the training camp/preseason time and shortly after their season or postseason ends, which kind of makes sense. I use the offseason months to write to retired players.

I hope that helps, even if it's three and a half years late!
I collect anything Maple Leafs, but especially Potvin, Gilmour, Sundin and any 16-17 rookies still with the team!

Also trying to collect every single Marcus Kruger card! (Chicago/Carolina)

Return to “IP/TTM Autographs”