Baseball RCs

Talk about all upcoming games, players. Basically anything Baseball.
rungunrepeat
Common
eBay ID: rungunrepeat

Baseball RCs

Post by rungunrepeat » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:14 am

Hi folks. What is baseball's equivalent of the Young Gun? Young Guns are the most popular RCs in hockey and are loved by collectors for their clean design and affordability. Does Baseball have this as well? I know there are more companies doing baseball cards but I'm sure there's a (at least close) consensus as to what the best "common" RCs are, no?

Thanks!
LTTF: James Sheppard
LTB/LTTF: 01-06 Mike Richards 77/162 (47.5%)
Bucket

Adam_HAWKey
Listed Star
eBay ID: Adam_HAWKey
United States of America

Re: Baseball RCs

Post by Adam_HAWKey » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:55 am

My best guess would probably just a standard base rookie that comes out of Topps Series 1, 2, Update, etc. The rookies are randomly mixed into the base set, where as in hockey, the rookies have their own little "subset." That's just my 2 cents anyway.
Huge shoutout to Brittca for the SICK banner!
PC- Blackhawks

My Tradelist and My Salelist
I will ship on Saturday's due to busy schedule.

rungunrepeat
Common
eBay ID: rungunrepeat

Post by rungunrepeat » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:53 am

OK. I did some searching before posting this but all it did was make things more confusing. Baseball cards are way more intense than when I was 5.
LTTF: James Sheppard
LTB/LTTF: 01-06 Mike Richards 77/162 (47.5%)
Bucket

APlusCollecting
Semistar

Post by APlusCollecting » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:17 pm

Bowman Chrome 1st Prospect cards would be considered the Upper Deck Young Guns of hockey.

Bowman Base (Hobby & Jumbo) Bowman Chrome & Bowman Draft (hobby & jumbo) all have these chrome 1st prospect cards. You want the 1st Bowman prospect chrome card of that player to make a lot of money.

Topps Pro Debut & Minor League Heritage Rookie Cards & Prospects are slowly catching up there.

With Baseball's minor league system its a bit different. Some players stay minors for 5-7 years while they work their way up to the Bigs through AAA AA and A ball. Semi-pro is before that but very few semi-pro sets are made.

RC logo cards are probably the next valuable after the prospect chromes. And of course serial numbered & color refractors are more highly coveted in Bowman products.

Return to “Baseball Talk”