2012 NBA off season thread.

Talk about all upcoming games, players. Basically anything Basketball.
carmichaelpt

Set Builder of the Year
Medals: 2
eBay ID: carmichael_pt
Canada

2012 NBA off season thread.

Post by carmichaelpt » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:03 pm

The draft is now behind us, and free agency looms. Should be interesting to see who gets who. 2011-12 behind us, let's get this thread some love now before 2012-13 starts
Christopher Carmichael MOD Team

BackupGoalie
Veteran
eBay ID: backupgoaliecards
United States of America

Re: 2012 NBA off season thread.

Post by BackupGoalie » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:25 pm

It will be interesting to see what the Brooklyn Nets do this off-season. They will probably pick up some big-name player because it looks like they are trying to be create a Lakers-esque atmosphere in Brooklyn.
Looking for Jack Eichel, Jack Campbell, Evander Kane & Buffalo Sabres

bl2242
Listed Star
eBay ID: essiepaul60
Location: Home of the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins

Post by bl2242 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Hoping the reports are true and the Celtics try to trade for Josh Smith. Would live him in Boston and it seems like he'd like to play here to. He's also great friends with Rondo.

O.J. Mayo is now a UFA as well. Would be surprised if Ainge didn't go hard after him. He's tried to trade for him a few times now. Even offered Allen for him at the Deadline. Looks more and more likely that Allen is gone. I just hope it's not to Miami. :cry:
Bryce
http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad37/bl2242/
Collecting all Brian Boyle,Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton, and Chris Kreider
Thanks to DSL for the Banner!

Nick
Semistar
eBay ID: chaput23

Post by Nick » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:32 am

Joe Johnson is reported to be traded to the New Jer-... Brooklyn Nets. Dwight Howard probably won't get traded since Brooklyn just doesn't have enough pieces to bring him over, I think he'll sign with them next year.

Also part of the trade, Marvin Williams is being sent to Utah for Devin Harris. Harris became expendable when they acquired Mo Williams. In all honesty this trade looks like a wash. Marvin Williams never lived up to the hype surrounding him when he was drafted 2nd overall in 05(Ahead of talent such as Deron Williams[3rd], Chris Paul[4th], Danny Granger[17th]) and is a above average 2-3 swingman who isn't as dominant as he should considering how athletic he is. While Harris is the better player(All Star pick in 08-09) he is extremely injury prone and spend most of his time subbing in and out for Jeff Teague.

So it looks like the Hawks are gonna try a "on the fly" rebuild in hopes of advancing further in the playoffs. As long as they have Josh Smith and Al Horford, I believe they will be a tough team to beat in the East. But who knows, maybe Marvin was a key part of the team, and I'm sure they will miss the amount of attention Joe Johnson drew on offence from opposing defenses. Whatever the case, the Hawks made a big shake up hoping for some positive changes.

EMAN
Common
Canada

Post by EMAN » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:45 am

It will be interesting to see what happens with Dwight Howard in Orlando and if Steve "Captain Canada" Nash will sign with the raps..... O WELL hopefully this season is better than the last one

carmichaelpt

Set Builder of the Year
Medals: 2
eBay ID: carmichael_pt
Canada

Post by carmichaelpt » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:23 pm

DWill signs on to stay in New Jersey. If they can land Howard (not sure they have the parts to do so, but they do have some trade chips left), they will give a good three in Brooklyn. Also of note, Eric Gordon plans on signing a max offer sheet from Phoenix. On July 11 when the window closes, and he signs, his existing team will have three days to match it. He has already said he hopes they won't.
Christopher Carmichael MOD Team

bl2242
Listed Star

Post by bl2242 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Jason Terry verbally agrees to a 3-year deal to come to Boston. Looks like Ray's gone.
Bryce

BackupGoalie
Veteran
eBay ID: backupgoaliecards
United States of America

Post by BackupGoalie » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:09 pm

bl2242 wrote:Jason Terry verbally agrees to a 3-year deal to come to Boston. Looks like Ray's gone.
I really don't want Ray Allen to turn to the dark side and go to the Heat
Looking for Jack Eichel, Jack Campbell, Evander Kane & Buffalo Sabres

sensfanatic15
Common

Post by sensfanatic15 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:50 pm

The Toronto Raptors don't waste any time in getting over Steve Nash, acquiring Kyle Lowry from the Rockets. I think this is a great fit for both Lowry and the Raptors but I can't help but ask where this leaves Jose Calderon? A poor mans Steve Nash, Jose could definetly help a number of teams and I believe there would be no shortage of interest should he be shopped.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=399983
Collecting Erik Karlsson and Kyle Turris

Nick
Semistar
eBay ID: chaput23

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:53 pm

sensfanatic15 wrote:The Toronto Raptors don't waste any time in getting over Steve Nash, acquiring Kyle Lowry from the Rockets. I think this is a great fit for both Lowry and the Raptors but I can't help but ask where this leaves Jose Calderon? A poor mans Steve Nash, Jose could definetly help a number of teams and I believe there would be no shortage of interest should he be shopped.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=399983
Many experts were saying the Raptors were going to amnesty him in order to sign Nash.Now that he is in LA, I don't think Calderon will be bought out. I think they will keep him on until around the trade deadline and deal him then if he doesn't work. Although it would be a interesting combo, as they are both pass first guards, but Lowry is a bit wild and aggressive, and can penetrate into the paint, but is a spotty shooter,and a more active defender and rebounder, while Calderon is more passive and controlled, who is a good jump shooter but does not drive the lane much and is not a very active defender.

bl2242
Listed Star

Post by bl2242 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Brandon Bass re-ups with the Celts for 3 years.

JET said it would be great to have Ray back in Boston. Hopefully Ray will be back. If he doesn't come back to Boston, I really just don't want him to go to Miami.
Bryce

lumo
Unlisted Star
Canada

Post by lumo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 am

Never thought I would see the day of a poddible 4 way TRADE !!!!!

I cannot imagine the heat Vs the lakers !!!

Return to “Basketball Talk”