How C&C Group Breaks Work & FAQ (Read before joining)

All of our Hockey Group Breaks will be posted here!
SlapStick

Century Club Award
SITE ADMIN
Medals: 1
eBay ID: slapstickcards19
Canada

How C&C Group Breaks Work & FAQ (Read before joining)

Post by SlapStick » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 am

I figured its time we get a set thread to explain how each of our Group Breaks work.

Click HERE for our How To Video on how to get involved in our breaks.

Click HERE for our How To Use Breakers.TV video.

CONTACTS:

- For any Break related questions, comments suggestions or pricing matters PM or Email Geoff (Geoff, geoffconnolly85@gmail.com)
- For any and all SHIPPING related questions, email Dan (cloutsnchara@gmail.com)

SHIPPING:

- WE PACKAGE ALL GROUP BREAKS EVERY THURSDAY - PLEASE CHECK OUR SHIPPING POLICY POST FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION.
- All shipments will be shipped to the address you have registered in your C&C profile. If you change this address after we have shipped previous packages to you, you must notify us of this change via an email to cloutsnchara@gmail.com
- All packages will be shipped in Bubble mailers and either a top loader, one touch or protective count cases (depending on the quantity of cards in the package.)
- All shipments will be packaged on Thursday or Friday of each week! (Unless otherwise stated prior to the breaks such as if we are doing breaks in San Diego, Vegas..etc).

Group Break Process:

1.) All spots are to be paid via PayPal or E-Transfer to cloutsnchara@gmail.com. Put the break number (found in the title of each break) in the title of your payment and your user name in the description.

– We ONLY use the address listed in your profile here on C&C. NOT your PayPal address but please when possible make sure they match. We will not ship high value packages to someone with an unconfirmed PayPal address.

– If you move or your address in your profile changes you MUST notify us of the change or else it will be shipped to your old address. (Info is saved in our shipping system).

– If you incorrectly do either of the last two points, we are not liable for lost items although we will do everything we can to recover your package within reason.

2.) You should receive an email once your order goes through for the group break spot(s). If you do not receive the email or just want to confirm that your spot went through, you can email us at cloutsnchara@gmail.com or give us a call at 519-954-8278.

– The Scheduled Break time in each thread just states when we go live. If you checkout by E-Transfer, you have an hour to get your payment in or else we have the right to forfeit the spot.

3.) Trading of teams will take place immediately before the break after the randoms. 5 minutes will be allocated. (Sometimes more time will be allocated for higher End GB’s)

4.) The base is not sent with the GB hits (Cup, Ultimate and most higher end products, the base will be sent). We do have the option to send extra but it is at an additional cost. Cost depends on the number of cards and where you are located.

5.) Tracking is free within Canada as long as your package meets a specific value. If your package does not meet that value, we will ship the package regular mail. We will mark each order shipped once the package is ready to go, packages don't move on the weekend but they are in Canada Post hands so they can go out Monday morning.

Here is each style of break.

Generalities
  • - All breaks will be done on Breakers.tv Channel
    - For the time being, all breaks are paid via PayPal or VISA/MC over the phone (519-954-8278).
    - We do accept cash in advance to be used as a Group Break credit and it can be used when you would like.
Now for the styles of Break.

Team Select

- Instead of a fixed price for the break, each team will have their own price. EX : Pitts - $70, Tor - $30 and so on.
- Members are to post in the break thread what team they want.
- Once all 30 teams are taken, the break will start.

'Team Draft'

- Same as team style (See below) except for the Team selection process. Here is how the selection process works.
- After the break is full and all spots are paid, we random all the spots to determine the draft order.
- After the draft order is determined, the picking process begins on Breakers.TV. You can pick whichever team you like as long as they are still available at your pick.
- We will go in order from 1-28 based on the random. Whichever 2 Teams do not get picked will be randomized to 2 people in the break before the break starts.
- If you can not be present on Breakers.TV during the draft, you have 2 options:
- 1.) Trust us to pick best team available (in our opinion).
- 2.) PM a list to myself or Geoff prior to the draft. Basically, rank the 30 teams in order of how you would pick them. We will select the highest team remaining in your list.

'Team Style'
  • - There are 28 spots (30 teams with the two weakest teams hit wise are cut)
    - Teams are determined via a list randomizer, you do not pick your team.
    - There will be a 5 minute time frame on Breakers.TV prior to the break (after the random) to attempt to trade teams.
    - The two dropped teams will be given away to two members in the break via random after the break.
    - All hits featuring multiple teams will also be determined via Random after the break.
    - After certain breaks which will be specifically marked, one member will win a FREE GB spot which will be used for the break that it will be designated to in the thread. This only applies for breaks that are clearly labelled as free spot giveaway. Double Up, Division Style & Drafts do not count.
    - Spots not paid for by the the scheduled start time (if break is full) will be given away to someone else.
    - We do offer to sell big hits for those who wish. It will be at a cost of 10% of the final sale price. Minus fees as well. (Minimum estimated card value to apply for this service is $100). This applies for multi team hits as well.
    - Base cards are not included in the break. They are available though for an additional cost to cover the extra shipping.
Break vs Break

- This could be run via any style of Group Break
- Two (or More) breaks compete against each other to determine a winning break which in turn will receive a prize.
- The Winning Break is NOW determined by the number of autos hit by each breaks randomly selected teams. After both breaks are done, we will random all the teams from each break, which ever teams lands on top then becomes that breaks representing team. We then count the number of autographs from the two teams. Whichever team has the most wins.
- In the event of a tie we will re-random the teams and repeat the process until a winner is determined.

'Division Style'
  • 'See team Style'
    - One difference is that it is broken down by NHL division not team. Central, Atlantic. etc.....
    - No dead teams in this break or free spots.
'Draft Style'
  • - Number of spots per break varies.
    - Draft is done snake style (meaning if you have the last pick in round 1, you have the 1st pick in round 2)
    - Break is done prior to the randoms.
    - Draft order is determined via a list randomizer.
    - Once the break is finished and draft order is determined the draft begins.
    - In the draft each person gets to pick their hit one card at a time. 1st Overall pick gets his/her choice of whichever card they please. 2nd pick gets their choice of whatever is left etc......
'HIT style'
  • - Primarily used for ITG case GB's (I.e. H&P, BTP etc...)
    - Number of spots varies
    - Hits are determined by labeling everyone's name onto a decoy or business card and shuffling them prior to the break. As the break is happening whoever has their name on top of the stack will be getting the next Game Used or Auto card pulled and all inserts leading up to it. Once the hit is pulled, their name and cards are moved to the side and the next person on top gets the next hit and all inserts leading up to it.
    - If there are more hits than spots, the 'extra' hits will be given away individually via a list randomizer.
Unlisted Hit Notes: (Where team is not able to be visibly determined)

- For any Leaf/ITG/UD/Panini card where they can not feature a Team logo of a retired player, the hit will go to the team he played the most regular season games for.
- For any Leaf/ITG/UD/Panini card for a player drafted but who has not played an NHL game yet, the hit will go to whichever team currently holds their rights.
- For any Leaf/ITG/UD/Panini card of a current player, the hit will go to the team they played for that year of the product. Any pre-first NHL games sets, the hit will go to whichever team they played their first NHL game with. After that it defaults to the rule above. I.E. Duclair 13-14 stuff and earlier will forever be Rangers.
- If it is an NHL licensed product where they do not feature a logo all the same rules above apply.
- If it is a card featuring the player in an NHL All-Star game it will go to the team they represented for that All-Star game. I.E. '99 Gretzky - Rangers. This ONLY applies to All-Star pictures.
- Again, all these rules listed above are null and void if the team is easily distinguished based on the photo.

Blackhawksfan
Veteran
eBay ID: chicagoblackhawksfan

Re: How C&C Group Breaks Work (All styles covered)

Post by Blackhawksfan » Wed May 04, 2011 3:14 pm

It's called getting the last spot in a draft style.
Mitch
05/06 The Cup Signature patches: 85/85, complete
Collecting High End Chicago Blackhawks Cards
"Forget about Style; Worry about results." -Robert Gordon Orr

SlapStick

Century Club Award
SITE ADMIN
Canada

Post by SlapStick » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

This thread has been updated.
Complete Wantlist

Traders Bucket

Looking for RED WINGS Rookie Cards

SlapStick

Century Club Award
SITE ADMIN
Canada

Post by SlapStick » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:14 am

vegaspuck wrote:Looking for clarification here. Let's say a Mike Richards 10-11 Cup Programme of Excellence auto is pulled from The Cup, or heck even a 09-10 one. Every other card he has in both sets is Flyers, let's say 15 out of 16 cards with the one being the Team Canada card. He has yet to make a cardboard debut for LA or pictured with the Kings. Would your rule mean that since he isn't on the HHOF site (yet), and is currently active, the LA Kings would get him in the Team style GB?
Correct Vegas, I've went over every possible solution for two days now and this is the only way to have no grey areas.

The 'which team is he on in the most set' method would be complicated with a handful of players. Albeit retired players but still enough where guys like Gretzky, Messier, Howe, Francis are usually pretty evenly distributed between their respective teams. For example in 09-10 Cup. All Gretzky Patch cards have him pictured as a King, his autos as an Oiler etc....

It will cause some odd situations like Richie now but in all reality, its pretty much only be Summer GB's where an occurrence like that will happen and when older products are included. We've used this exact rule so far for ITG products and had absolutely zero problems/complaints with it. Outside of Cup and Black Diamond, this issue won't be used to often anyway.
Complete Wantlist

Traders Bucket

aronowm2
Semistar
eBay ID: aronowm2
United States of America

Post by aronowm2 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:38 pm

How does one pay via paypal? Goods? Services? Personal Gift?
I collect Jeremy Roenick, Alexander Mogilny, Geoff Sanderson and all New York Rangers past and present (base, parallels, anything).

My partial tradelist
http://christianlashade.blogspot.com/20 ... elist.html

My PC:
http://christianlashade.blogspot.com/20 ... rs-pc.html

redwing40
Semistar
United States of America

Post by redwing40 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:59 am

I do Group Box breaks at Trading Card Central, Two group breaks a month, but I dont have paypal and do TTM, is there anyway I can do this to join in on the Box Breaks?
Looking for all Current/Past Red Wings Rookie cards

AlexTheGr8

Member of the Year
Veteran
Medals: 3
eBay ID: dude0100

Post by AlexTheGr8 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:15 pm

redwing40 wrote:I do Group Box breaks at Trading Card Central, Two group breaks a month, but I dont have paypal and do TTM, is there anyway I can do this to join in on the Box Breaks?
Yes, you are able to send money to them TTM and you can use that money towards future group breaks once they receive it. PM Geoff or Slapstick to get the address.

Alex
2013 CnC Fantasy Hockey League Champion
I collect:
Image (No Multi Player Cards)
Alex Pietrangelo PC: 321/358 90% Trade List

redwing40
Semistar
United States of America

Post by redwing40 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks, will do! Hope to start on some soon!
Looking for all Current/Past Red Wings Rookie cards

TheGhost

Century Club Award
Veteran

Post by TheGhost » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:26 pm

aronowm2 wrote:How does one pay via paypal? Goods? Services? Personal Gift?
Goods.
Thanks to Lumpjaw for the amazing banner!
COLLECTING ANTON LANDER
ANTON LANDER PC (no multi-player cards) 93/94 + 10 European Issues and 35 1/1s = 98.9% - Wantlist Traders

lumo
Unlisted Star
Canada

Post by lumo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:26 am

p8030103 wrote:
aronowm2 wrote:How does one pay via paypal? Goods? Services? Personal Gift?
goods :)

hockeyhobby29
BANNED

Re: How C&C Group Breaks Work & FAQ (Read before joining)

Post by hockeyhobby29 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Can an MSF member like me participate in a group break?

urbanmonk

Member of the Year
Medals: 2
eBay ID: tccurbanmonk
United States of America

Post by urbanmonk » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:59 pm

hockeyhobby29 wrote:Can an MSF member like me participate in a group break?
As you are paying before the break you are sending first, that be my take on it anyway
PC Modano Want list, Have List for FB PC, and Trade Lists: http://urbanmonkscards.weebly.com/

Main focus in Hockey is Mike Modano, have 1,402 of the 5,035 listed on Beckett

ontheDB
Common
Canada

Post by ontheDB » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Is there summary listed somewhere of the hits from a group break for those who miss the live feed ?

Thanks,

SlapStick

Century Club Award
SITE ADMIN
Canada

Post by SlapStick » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:22 pm

ontheDB wrote:Is there summary listed somewhere of the hits from a group break for those who miss the live feed ?

Thanks,
All breaks are recorded and posted on our Youtube channel.
Complete Wantlist

Traders Bucket

jumptheshark
Prospect

Post by jumptheshark » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Hey guys, I just participated in my 1st GB a few days ago, how do I get the cards sent to me? It was GB #1009 CVTW Case and I had the Russians (my ID on blogtv is bfoley84). How much is shipping? And I live in California so I know it can take a couple weeks. If someone could let me know how it works that would be great! Sorry I'm a little green to this, I'll catch on quick though

urbanmonk

Member of the Year
Medals: 2
eBay ID: tccurbanmonk
United States of America

Post by urbanmonk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 pm

jumptheshark wrote:Hey guys, I just participated in my 1st GB a few days ago, how do I get the cards sent to me? It was GB #1009 CVTW Case and I had the Russians (my ID on blogtv is bfoley84). How much is shipping? And I live in California so I know it can take a couple weeks. If someone could let me know how it works that would be great! Sorry I'm a little green to this, I'll catch on quick though
Why they make you sign up on site and let them know what your nic is here (easier on them if you can have same nic both places but not required, and why you put your nic here in notes with Paypal payment so they can find your address easier). So as long as they know that they have your address from signing up here. If you unsure send Brad a PM here or on Blog (here it is SlapStick) to verify they know. They ship on Mondays and Thursdays I believe, shipping cost is included in group break price unless you want to pay extra for tracking. Lately it has been about a week to Oregon from when they mailed but 10-14 days is more typical, so shouldn't be much if any different to you in CA.
Hope that answered your question :)

Dwight
PC Modano Want list, Have List for FB PC, and Trade Lists: http://urbanmonkscards.weebly.com/

Main focus in Hockey is Mike Modano, have 1,402 of the 5,035 listed on Beckett

Adam_HAWKey
Listed Star
eBay ID: Adam_HAWKey
United States of America

Post by Adam_HAWKey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:07 pm

I did a break on Saturday and I still haven't gotten my cards yet. any reasons why?
Huge shoutout to Brittca for the SICK banner!
PC- Blackhawks

My Tradelist and My Salelist
I will ship on Saturday's due to busy schedule.

wils1573
Prospect

Post by wils1573 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:19 pm

blackhawks man wrote:I did a break on Saturday and I still haven't gotten my cards yet. any reasons why?
It takes at least a week to be shipped to your house... be patient! :cheers:
I collect Frattin, Scheifele, Colborne, Gardiner, Scrivens, Vitale and Skinner
Banner made by me! LMK if you would like a custom one! (im a graphic designer)

Geoff
SITE ADMIN
eBay ID: cloutsnchara
Canada

Post by Geoff » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:58 pm

blackhawks man wrote:I did a break on Saturday and I still haven't gotten my cards yet. any reasons why?
As stated above, you did a break on Saturday which means the mail man would not pick it up until Monday. It is currently Thursday which is 3 business days and you are in the US. It can take 1-2 weeks to arrive from Canada to the US for mail.

Sabresfan00
Common

Post by Sabresfan00 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Hey guys, I did a mini break on Tuesday the 8th. It was the Mini Break.
I was the Sabres, im in no hurry but was refreshing myself on the rules and it said 1-3 business days, So it would be wed thurs, and today. I have not recieved the package.
Does the shipping day count as one of the 3? If so thats cool.
If not does this mean I recieve a refund?

I am still new and just trying to figure everything out.

Thank you again.
Sabresfan

Return to “Hockey Group Breaks”