Adrian Beltre Public Signing Session in Plano, Texas

Discuss all your box breaks, maildays and incoming cards. Post lots of pictures!
bqaggie

Member of the Year
Medals: 8
eBay ID: bqaggie
United States of America

Adrian Beltre Public Signing Session in Plano, Texas

Post by bqaggie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:10 pm

Since I live in the SW Houston area, about 4.5 hours south of Dallas, it's a little difficult to make it up there when school is in session. When I heard that Field of Dreams was having Texas Rangers 3rd baseman Adrian Beltre come in for a public appearance, I knew I just had to find a way to get him added to my collection. (granted, I don't collect baseball, but I love my Rangers and I never pass up the opportunity to add some ink to my walls)

My mother lives on a farm in Sanger and my sister was in town this weekend to visit from Ada, Oklahoma...so I simply asked if they'd be free to do me a favor. They were more than happy to, and I am very thankful for that. My sister said that Beltre arrived on time and was very, very cordial to everyone who came in. She said that he was very engaging and was smiling at everyone who came in to get an autograph. He was only slated to make a 90-minute appearance and she said he had to stay about 15 minutes overtime in order to accommodate the last bit of stragglers. I absolutely love hearing about things like that when athletes make public appearances! Those who arrive on time and are friendly with fans...just makes me love my All-Star 3rd baseman even more! I have insane respect for people who are good human beings first...and everything else comes second. I'm even more appreciative to hear that he was like that considering the autograph fee was a little more than should be normal. (FoD is in a rather upscale mall in an upscale part of Dallas/suburbs, thus I'm sure prices are skewed due to location and their rent. Typically Beltre should be about a $55-75 fee for an appearance, and he was $95 today. Again, I was willing to pay it, and I am happy that he was this accommodating considering the inflated fee)

Anyways, my mom, sister and her little son were able to take these pictures of the event as it was happening. My sister got there early and was able to stay and take pictures the whole way through. I should receive the picture back sometime early next week, and I will return to show a good scan of it...but for now, simply enjoy what I was not able to see...but could live vicariously through my sister's pictures.

My sister took a few random pictures of Aggies at Field Of Dreams:

Ryan Tannehill:

Von Miller helmet:

Johnny Manziel:

Adrian Beltre appearing and signing some items:

Now my little nephew Kyle comes up to get my photo signed...and I love the interaction with Mr. Beltre...it's very refreshing to see so many smiles.

...and the final result! I can't wait to get this framed up and on my office wall!!

So there you have it. I wasn't there in person, but I feel like my family did an amazing job to capture the experience and provide me with an opportunity to live vicariously through their day today! Thanks to my family and I hope you enjoyed as much as I did. Thank you!

#GoRangers
I COLLECT: Modano, Seguin, Benn, SP Authentic
CLICK TO FOLLOW: YouTube / Twitter / My Bucket
Samuel - SITE MODERATOR

BackupGoalie
Veteran
eBay ID: backupgoaliecards
United States of America

Re: Adrian Beltre Public Signing Session in Plano, Texas

Post by BackupGoalie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:58 pm

Very cool Beltre, he has an awesome signature!
Looking for Jack Eichel, Jack Campbell, Evander Kane & Buffalo Sabres

Adam_HAWKey
Listed Star
eBay ID: Adam_HAWKey
United States of America

Post by Adam_HAWKey » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:04 am

That is sick
Huge shoutout to Brittca for the SICK banner!
PC- Blackhawks

My Tradelist and My Salelist
I will ship on Saturday's due to busy schedule.

rangersfan61
Semistar

Post by rangersfan61 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:00 pm

sick signature by belte
Huge shoutout to Nyr4life for this sweet banner
Major Pc: Derek Stepan Rc's, J.T. Miller, and Chris Kreider
Minor Pc: Mark Messier, Connor Mcdavid, Stamkos Autos, and any Hof autos
Traders: http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/range ... t=6&page=1

Kyllie05
Prospect
France

Post by Kyllie05 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:34 am

bqaggie wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:10 pm
Since I live in the SW Houston area, about 4.5 hours south of Dallas, it's a little difficult to make it up there when school is in session. When I heard that Field of Dreams was having Texas Rangers 3rd baseman Adrian Beltre come in for a public appearance, I knew I just had to find a way to get him added to my collection. (granted, I don't collect baseball, but I love my Rangers and I never pass up the opportunity to add some ink to my walls)

My mother lives on a farm in Sanger and my sister was in town this weekend to visit from Ada, Oklahoma...so I simply asked if they'd be free to do me a favor. They were more than happy to, and I am very thankful for that. My sister said that Beltre arrived on time and was very, very cordial to everyone who came in. She said that he was very engaging and was smiling at everyone who came in to get an autograph. He was only slated to make a 90-minute appearance and she said he had to stay about 15 minutes overtime in order to accommodate the last bit of stragglers. I absolutely love hearing about things like that when athletes make public appearances! Those who arrive on time and are friendly with fans...just makes me love my All-Star 3rd baseman even more! I have insane respect for people who are good human beings first...and everything else comes second. I'm even more appreciative to hear that he was like that considering the autograph fee was a little more than should be normal. (FoD is in a rather upscale mall in an upscale part of Dallas/suburbs, thus I'm sure prices are skewed due to location and their rent. Typically Beltre should be about a $55-75 fee for an appearance, and he was $95 today. Again, I was willing to pay it, and I am happy that he was this accommodating considering the inflated fee)

Anyways, my mom, sister and her little son were able to take these pictures of the event as it was happening. My sister got there early and was able to stay and take pictures the whole way through. I should receive the picture back sometime early next week, and I will return to show a good scan of it...but for now, simply enjoy what I was not able to see...but could live vicariously through my sister's pictures.

My sister took a few random pictures of Aggies at Field Of Dreams:

Ryan Tannehill:

Von Miller helmet:

Johnny Manziel:

Adrian Beltre appearing and signing some items:

Now my little nephew Kyle comes up to get my photo signed...and I love the interaction with Mr. Beltre...it's very refreshing to see so many smiles.

...and the final result! I can't wait to get this framed up and on my office wall!!

meilleur crédit

So there you have it. I wasn't there in person, but I feel like my family did an amazing job to capture the experience and provide me with an opportunity to live vicariously through their day today! Thanks to my family and I hope you enjoyed as much as I did. Thank you!

#GoRangers
Congratulation bro

Return to “Show-N-Tell”