Henrik Zetterberg: Lets Honor His Career =)

Discuss all your box breaks, maildays and incoming cards. Post lots of pictures!
redwingsfan11
VERIFIED TRADER
eBay ID: redwingsfan11
United States of America

Henrik Zetterberg: Lets Honor His Career =)

Post by redwingsfan11 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:28 am

Before anything, Feel free to post your favorite cards & stories you have of our Bearded Warrior. I want this to be a collective thread rather than my own =)

Hey everyone, today is an end of an era for us Red Wing fans. The man has bought us countless memories and was a great part for our 2008 Stanley cup. He took the honor of Captaining our team and did so with great pride. Though I wish I had gotten the chance to see him play live during his young and prime years, having caught my first red wing game back in 2016, even at the age of 36, you can see why Zetterberg was such a special player. The man just was so strong on the puck and smart too. That is what I loved about Henrik Zetterberg.

I knew this day had to come at some point, and I do look forward to what our future beholds, but for now, lets honor Henrik Zetterberg's career.

***Also, please feel free to view a playlist I've had of Z's career. It's given me countless hours of entertainment and smiles over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hOKI6KdJD2

Though my memory is beginning to fail me these days, this is possibly my first ever card of Henrik Zetterberg. I got it back when I was 14 at my LCS from a Tuff Stuff magazine. I had asked one of the guys behind the counter on a BV of a card of mine. He pulled out a Tuff Stuff magazine that and out came this card. Once I saw him set it aside, I saw that it was Henrik Zetterberg and mentioned how he was my Favorite Wing. He was kind enough to give it to me, and after 14 years, I still have it =)

ImageHenrik Zetterberg 04/05 UD SPA Base Promo (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

I'm so glad he got to hoist a cup at some point in his career.

ImageHenrik Zetterberg 07/08 Stanley Cup Signed 8x10 Steiner COA (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Here is a signed official puck from Game six in which he scored the game winning goal.

ImageHenrik Zetterberg 2008 Stanley Cup Game Six Signed Puck (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Back in 2016, in a time where you had all the young superstars being the face of the sport, Zetterberg was still the most relevant to me. My dad doesn't know much about hockey but he always knew how he was my favorite, and for my graduation he got me a trio of Zetterberg items.

ImageHenrik Zetterberg SIgned Warrior Stick Hockeyink COA (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

ImageHenrik Zetterberg SIgned Reebok PRO Jersey Hockeyink COA (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

ImageHenrik Zetterberg Signed Pro Stock Gloves COA Hockey Ink (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Though I have loved collecting cards, I often attribute this card as one of, if not THE reason why I am here collecting as serious as I am today. Back in 2010 when I was turning 20 years old, my dad insisted on getting me something for my Birthday. At that point I had been away from actively collecting for a small handful of years. When thinking about something moderate, I randomly thought of the fact that as much as I loved Zetterberg, I didn't have a single rookie auto of his. So I went on Ebay during that time and found this card for open auction. Waited a few days for the last moments, and wound up winning the card somewhere between $80-90. Ever since that point my eyes started to wander toward hockey cards more and more until I went all in back in the summer of 2011.

ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 UD SPA Sign of the Times Dual Auto w/ Spezza /99 (PSA 10) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Here is a young, 20 year old fresh faced Zetterberg

ImageHenrik Zetterberg 00/01 UD SHL Signatures Auto (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

At the time, no one knew that Zetterberg could have the career respectable enough to be along side these two greats. Now who will be the next young guy to take the mantle?

ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 UD SPA Sign of the Times Dual Auto w/ Yzerman /99 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 UD Rookie Update Rookie Inspirations Dual Auto w/ Howe /199 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

One of my favorite designs and sets

ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 UD Honor Roll Signature Class Buyback Auto (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

A pair of visually stunning cards (In person, scans don't do justice)

ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 BAP All-Star Rookie /100 (PSA 9) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 BAP All-Star Rookie Silver /20 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

This is as close as I am going to get to owning the true Gold 1/1 auto. A dream card of mine
ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 BAP UM Ultimate Rookies Gold Auto (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Now for the set of Zetterberg's Best =)

ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 UD Premier Super Rookie Patch Auto /99 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 UD Premier Super Rookie Patch Auto /25 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 UD Premier Super Rookie Gold /5 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
ImageHenrik Zetterberg 02/03 UD Premier Super Rookie Gold /15 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Thank you Zetterberg for all that you've given the Wings throughout your career! May you have a beautiful life from here on out =)
FLICKR: https://www.flickr.com/photos/148055748 ... 6145/page1
ZETTERBERG ROOKIE AUTO PROGRESS: 21/22 = 93%
KOVALCHUK ROOKIE AUTO PROGRESS: 13/23 = 57%
KOPITAR ROOKIE AUTO PROGRESS: 17/33 = 52%

Return to “Show-N-Tell”